Saturday, September 22, 2012

Color Run!

Last weekend a couple of friends from home and I got to run a 5k together, but it wasn't a normal 5k! In this run at every kilometer you would get covered in color! So by the end you are a walking rainbow. Sounded like fun to us!
 
So you start off in white, and as you run you get color thrown on you! Yellow, pink, blue, orange, and green. And you come out looking like this...


My mom's first comment was that I didn't get very dirty. I tried! I think I had a lot of orange and yellow on me that just made me look tanner, and then wind blew most of the chalky color off of my shirt. But I promise you that I did try to get dirty! We even waited in line at some of the color stations to make sure we got colorful. And when I got home I pull off my socks to find that my toes were purple and blue!

I also got to catch up with some other sweet friends from home that ran the race too! It was lovely getting to see them and catch up over a little lunch before heading back to school.

One of my favorite things at the race was a "happy wall" and you got to write anything on there that made you happy. Up there was an assortment of things from the different colleges in the area to cupcakes to family. But I loved that idea of just writing out all the things that make me happy or that I am thankful for! Like getting dirty, laughing with friends, seeing people from home, hearing stories, pictures, running, colors, and joy!

*Joy of the day: Getting to hangout with my housemates, watching movies and baking cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment