Thursday, June 7, 2012

Countdown

Let the countdown begin! In one month I will be in Haiti. And excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. While I have been consumed with my microbiology class, God hasn't let me forget that Haiti is coming. When I start to get lost in bacteria, Haiti just comes out of no where! It's been so humbling and so exciting to remember what God has in store for me and for the people of Haiti.


In class we were talking about the spread of malaria and typhoid, and off all the countries to pick as the example my professor picked Haiti. Friends have randomly been bringing up Haiti, not in relation to my trip but in their own lives. E-mails for organizations, featuring Haiti have been sprinkling my inbox. A friend went to Haiti this past spring, and hearing her stories has made me so excited. Our neighbors are very high up in the US relations with Haiti. All these little things are just constant reminders of what I have to look forward to!

I have been praying for the people of Haiti and our team that will be going down in July. I'm excited for all that God is going to teach me, for the blessing that He has given me that I am able to share with others, and for the opportunity to share His word!

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." -Acts 1:8

*Joy of the day: I finished my second test for micro and I am two weeks away from being done!

No comments:

Post a Comment