Monday, June 4, 2012

Sonflower Joy

This weekend was a true sip of joy! I got to gather with my small group from school (the Sonflowers) to celebrate the wedding of one of our amazing leaders. It was a weekend full of road trips, sleepovers, smiles and memories. This was one of those weekends that I will always look back on with such fondness!
Sky on the drive down after the storms

There is something about being confined in a car for hours on end that brings about deep conversation. We were able to catch up with one another; a lot can happen in four short weeks! And simply talk about things that were on our hearts, both big and small. Matthew 18:20 says that "wherever two or three come together in my name, there I am with them." And that verse wonderfully summed up our road trip!

The Sonflowers with the beautiful bride!

Tourists!

Our leader and her now husband, have always been such a wonderful example of what God intended when he created man and woman for marriage. And on Saturday you could see the joy that God has given them through the smiles that never left their faces.

*Joy of the day: Reflecting on these wonderful women that God placed in my life two years ago, and realizing how incredibly blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment