Saturday, May 19, 2012

Shoes

Yesterday I went down to Georgetown to meet my mom and some very good family friends to celebrate a friend's graduation. I went down after my class, dragging my microbiology with me into a Starbucks to do my homework as I waited for everyone. Over the time I spent in there, some studying and most not, I discovered that I was sitting by this perfect window. It reminded me of being in Java City in tdu, which is this perfect people watching window at my school!
My people-watching window

While I was taking "study breaks" I began to people watch through this picture perfect window, and Georgetown has to be one of the best places to take in the general splendor of the city! There are the assortment of tourists wandering around with their backpacks and maps, there are the upperclass woman walking around in five inch heels, there are children trying to keep up with long legged-parents, and all of the business men and women rushing to get home.

You can tell a lot about people by just watching them. The way they walk, the way they interact with other people, and by their shoes! In D.C. your footwear can tell the most about you. Didn't know your shoes said that much did you? Tennis shoes usually alert everyone that there is a tourist. I say usually because you also get the runners and the business people who walk home and change into sneakers with their suits to walk home. I saw a lot of sandals since its finally warm now, these people are more casual and are usually just enjoying the day. Then there are the women who where five inch heels and are going out for a night on the town with their friends. There were also people going out to dine before prom and a group heading back after a gala at the Swedish Embassy,with very classy shoes on.
These are my favorite shoes that I saw last night,
but how do you walk in them?!

What do your shoes say about you? These are my favorite pair of shoes, my cowboy boots. I don't know what they say about me, but I like the sound they make when I walk!

*Joy of the day: Catching up with a wonderful friend and celebrating her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment