Monday, May 14, 2012

Escape

      Last Tuesday my mom called me from work and asked if I wanted to get away for the weekend. How could I turn that down? A weekend get away to the beach before my summer class started sounded absolutely lovely. Come Thursday I picked my mom up from work and we were off!

     We traveled up to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware, which was prepared for our arrival. It was in the upper 70s and sunny all weekend, and rather empty! It was perfect. It was a resting and relaxing break from the unpacked boxes that were crowding my room and the new syllabus that was beginning to haunt me before I had even had a chance to thrown the old ones out.

     We spent our days sunning on the beach, reading (for fun- when was the last time that was allowed?) and enjoying the general splendor! I convinced my mom to indulge on photography adventures with me; sunset one night, 5:30am the next day for sunrise, and a hike out to a park to see a lighthouse! It was absolutely beautiful, God certainly knew what he was doing when he created all of this!

     When I was looking at the sunrise I had to stop and just soak in all of the beauty. And "beauty" isn't even the word to describe it! As I was watching the day begin and taking pictures, the part in Genesis came to my mind where God created the earth from a dark and lifeless form into this stunning creation. It takes my breath away to see this; the sun peaking out over the crest of the ocean, dolphin poking their heads out for breakfast, and the general peacefulness as the rest of the world slept! In Genesis after God creates something it is described as "good" and watching this I can see why! But as I was sitting there God put on my heart that I describe his sunrise one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and yet God only calls it "good." What he sees as "very good" is me! (Genesis 1:31)

     Know that what ever you see in this world as beautiful, a sunrise, a flower, the mountains, God sees you as beautiful beyond compare to those things! That made me stand still. No sunrise can ever compare with his greatest creation- us! We are capable of so much, we're complex (I took anatomy and physiology, trust me we are), and we are drop dead stunning!
     On our spontaneous beach get away I caught up on some sleep, finished a book and a half, got a little sun kissed, saw some gorgeous places and moments, and left knowing that I am a beautiful creation! I would deem that a successful first adventure of the summer.


*Joy of the day: Getting to curl up under a cozy yellow blanket to fall asleep to the sound of rain after five days of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment