Monday, July 30, 2012

Lamp Make Over

I am getting ready to move down to my new house at school and of course I need to have things to decorate my room with. So I found an old lamp in the basement and decided to recover it and give it a new look! Here's how I attempted this:

    1) I took the boring lamp shade and measure it, to cut the fabric the proper size (also iron your fabric first, wrinkles really show through the light)







    2) I began at the bottom folding the fabric under so no rough edges were sticking out




    3) I left about two inches of over lap at the end so once I was finished I could create a seam up the side







    4) On the top I did the same fold over technique but there were gathers at times because the top is smaller than the bottom








    5) Then I cut several one inch wide strips, and gathered them to add as ruffles around the top and bottom of the shade









    6) I also wrapped a little ruffle around the chain



    As simple as that! A little fabric goes a long way

    *Joy of the day: Watching the Olympics! 

















    No comments:

    Post a Comment