Friday, March 23, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcake-Muffins with a "Sarah Twist"

            Dorm living is not very conducive to my cooking impulses! But I had seen this recipe once that only had two ingredients and looked delicious, so I gave it a try. Pumpkin cupcake-muffins! But with my very own twist, of course!
            The original recipe said to take a cake mix and just add a can of pumpkin to it instead of the eggs, water, and oil then bake to get perfect pumpkin cupcakes. So here are the super easy pumpkin cupcake-muffins with a “Sarah twist.”
Ingredients:
  • Cake mix (I used yellow, but chocolate or spice cake would work well too!)
  • 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling!)
  • “Sarah Twist”
  • Plain oatmeal
  • Chocolate chips
  • (Next time I want to try adding dried fruit, like cranberries!)
  • Cupcake liners


  1. Dump the cake mix and the pumpkin into a bowl and mix all together. It starts off really dry but becomes a thicker, wet consistency.
  2. Add the chocolate chips and oatmeal to taste (sorry there’s no measurements, in a dorm measuring cups are a luxury!)
  3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake according to the box directions for cupcakes.                                                                    
  4. Allow to cool and serve!
  5. (If you are feeling fancy and want to complement the pumpkin, I would suggest a cream cheese frosting applied when the cupcake-muffins are cooled completely!)



And that it is for really easy and simple pumpkin cupcake-muffins, in this case, with a “Sarah twist!” My mistakes were only having a "6 cupcake" muffin tin, so it took 80 minutes to bake all of them... oops! And only having my camera phone to take the pictures, so I apologize if the raw and the cooked cupcakes look the same! I hope your cooking endeavors are ever joyful!

*Joy of the day: Giving away all of the cupcake-muffins to friends, I love giving little gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment