Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Week of Crafts

As promised here are all of the projects that I did over my spring break along with the links of where I found the tutorials!

Sunday: I covered a mason jar with scrapbook paper! I took glue and added water to it to create a thinner paste that would allow for the paper to bend to the jar (about a 1:3 ratio of water to glue, just add enough water to glue before it turns runny). Like a modge podge! Afterwards I painted the entire jar with the paste to make sure none of it would fall off.


Monday: I've had my Bible since middle school and it's starting to fall apart so I recovered it! I used hot glue to glue down the base brown fabric, then made another hair pin flower to cover up the closure that was already there. Anyone who knows me knows that I usually have something in my hair; a bow, a flower, a clip or something! So I made some hair pins inspired by some that a friend had made. To make the flowers I tied a knot at the end of the fabric, then twisted the fabric and glued it in a circular motion around the knot. To make them thicker I twisted it less and built it up more instead of out! The bows were squares with a strip of fabric glued together in the middle to pinch it.

Tuesday: I woke up in a baking mood. Since I live in a dorm I can't really cook or bake while I'm at school because it's not convenient or sanitary! I had found a recipe for double chocolate raspberry cupcakes and they looked too good to pass up! However I should have fully read the directions first to realize that they weren't going to be simple to make, but they were oh-so worth it! I also found the cutest blog and made a lace infinity scarf from her tutorial!

Wednesday: On pinterest I had found these wristlets which were simply adorable, so I made two of course! My mom tells me I'm ridiculous and I am completely aware, but I'm okay with that. That day my roommate texted me and asked if I knew how to make these shirts she had seen, or if I could figure it out. So at about 8pm we started our project, and it was super simple! Now we have matching roomie shirts!

Thursday: Skirt day! I finished a skirt from when my friend Brittany came home with me. We were able to finish hers while we were home but got rather confused so we only had enough time for one! While the tutorial took some editing and adjusting to get it to fit, I think it turned out well. I also made another skirt, and this one is completely opposite from the yellow folded mini skirt! It's a lace ruffle skirt to help make those certain dresses a tad bit longer, and my favorite part, a little bit spinnier!

Friday: I decided to be creative today and make my own skirt. Inspired by the folded mini skirt I wanted to do something similar but easier, so I designed my own and it was a blast! This is all you get to see for now and I will have tutorial for you soon!

Saturday: A friend of mine asked me to make a dress for her, for her rehearsal dinner for her wedding in June! So I put that together Saturday, minus a couple of details so that it can be fitted to her later. While this is not her, and her fabric is slightly different here is what the pattern looks like!


And these were my spring break crafts! A week of crafts and a week of bliss. I've missed creating things, and I think I certainly got my fill to last me a while.

*Joy of the day: church and brunch with a lovely friend with a dear heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment